Core Prime

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Slushies

I hate slushy snow, the roads are dirty and it’s a driving hazard. Not to mention, my pants and shoes get dirty so easily. I guess the only good thing about slushy snow, is that it’s easy to make snowballs and snowman.

When I woke up this morning and checked the weather, there was a weather advisory on snow showers. It seemed that it would snow for quite a while and into the afternoon. With that bit of information, I decided that I would take the bus instead of driving to campus. After all, slushy snow isn’t the best to drive in. Because of it, the roads are often slick and sometimes, hard to brake, as I’ve learned that one day back in Kalamazoo, when I was driving down Howard Street toward Stadium Drive.

So I toke the 10:20 bus to go to campus, while waiting, I saw Seth come to my bus stop; I wonder why he didn’t wait at his usual stop, oh well. On the bus we chatted a bit. He said that Kris, Bryan and him will meet at Buffalo Wild Wings after the macro final on Friday; he asked me if I would like to go, and if Randy and Nick would like to go as well.

He went off the bus one stop before me, but arrived at Old Botany a bit later; the bus stop I came off of was a bit closer to the department, even though it didn’t feel like it. Once we arrived, I went over the last two econometrics homework and printed out some stuff.

Seth left about quarter to twelve to eat; I stayed because I brought my lunch. I had two packets of pop-tarts and they were strawberry flavored and boy were they sweet. It was like so sweet that once the icing melted in my mouth, my face went %&*#$.

A bit later, Juan came by and we chatted, then we decided to head over early to get some good seats before the exam time at 12:45. It was a good thing, because the place was packed. As for the test itself, it was a bit on the easy side; not that I mind, but it just felt that of this entire semester, not much was gained. Oh I learned stuff, like moment generating functions, asymptotic distributions, but I felt that the class could be better. Or another way of saying it, is that I could have gotten more out of it.

After the final, I came back home and cleaned up a bit. I put the dishes into the dishwasher and sort of tidied up the countertop. Then I called Tammy about meeting her and getting her bike back to my place to store in the garage. Can't really ride a bike in winter. I got a call around 16:00 from her that I should pick her up around 16:30 at the International Center and then proceed from there.

So I picked her up, drove over to Owen, and stuffed Becky’s bike into the trunk of my car. Yeah, a truck would be nice. We chatted a bit and after the first trip, we went back for her bike. Tammy was going to Yu-ting’s bridal shower at 18:00, and given that it was already quarter to six, I told her that I could make the trip back myself.

After I unloaded her bike in the garage, I went back to campus again, but this time, for Kevin. Since winter break is coming, all dorms will be locked and those who live in the dorms will have to vacate during that period. Kevin will be staying back at home during the break. It's nice for him to be back, I actually miss him during the week.

Kevin already ate, but I haven’t, so I baked some burger patties in the oven. It’s nice that the oven has a “cook time” feature, as in the power will shut off after the specified time is up. So I need not have worried during my second trip (of transporting Tammy’s bike) that I had to turn it off.

We had, more like I had, two homemade double cheeseburgers with four juice boxes courtesy of Kevin from the Totally Takeout, all the while watching TV downstairs. Which brings me to now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

真的很謝謝你!!!
沒有請你吃到東西 很抱歉
我也代替Becky跟你說謝謝囉:)

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home