Core Prime

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Whoa, How Time Flies

I don’t know how she does it, but dang! Our Miss Tammy here keeps a daily blog, with photos and music and everything. She’s the “man”, uh, more like the “woman”! I would like to say the lack of updates is because I’m lazy, but that’s not really true. If I could explain myself, possible excuses that I would use would be: 1) I value my sleep time too much to stay up a bit late and put everything down. 2) I, hmm, don’t really have that much excuses, or I know, I’ll simply state that 3) I don’t really have that much to say (which is again, not true). I guess I’ll just have to suck it up and do it.

Which brings me to the past few days; Thanksgiving weekend and all that. Let’s start forward, then backward, by that I mean starting from today than go back.

So, today, Tuesday, November 29th, 2005. Our study group decided that we won’t be meeting this morning to go over the econometrics homework (which reminds me, I have to finish it), so I slept in a bit late, and then reheated leftovers from yesterday for lunch. Leftovers are always nice, especially when “it” technically isn’t leftovers, but a series of wholesome meals prepared by my good self over the weekend. I have ground beef with pickles (Chinese pickles, if you can all them that), spaghetti sauce with an emphasis in veggies, and of course, turkey from Thanksgiving. All this makes it a breeze to enjoy a meal; all I have to do is cook some rice, heat up some buns, or simply boil some noodles. Add a bit of side dishes, like fresh lettuce with tasty dressing, and I’m all set. I still hate the clean-up process, though. That’s why the dishwasher was invented!

So, after two grueling classes of macroeconomics, I headed home after a short stay at Old Botany to go over the homework with a few of my classmates. The reason for two Macroeconomic classes is that our professor won’t be available next week, so he decided to add another two classes to this week’s regular two. It wasn’t that bad, until I got called up to do some problems. I have the notes, and I went over it, but there were some specifics that I couldn’t recall; not to mention, there were times when I didn’t know what he was asking for. But in the end, I guess it was a good experience because by putting me on the spot, I learned stuff, lots of it, and quickly, too.

So I came home, did some house-keeping, ate dinner and started some homework, and here I am. Let’s go back a day, to Monday, November 28th, 2005.

Monday was like, wake up early, go to class, and don’t be grumpy because it’s the first day of the week. For me, I had something to look forward to, of course that being Monday Night Football. The evening’s game was between the unbeaten Colts and the Steelers with what’s-his-name QB back in the lineup. (I have to check to remember the spelling, it’s Roethlisberger. I wonder if he ever forgot how to spell his last name when he was a kid.)

Peyton Manning and the Colts were quick to score, with an 80+ yard touchdown pass (the first offensive play for them, made it on first down) to heat up the game. The Steelers seem to get back into the game with an interception that resulted in a touchdown, but after a failed on-side kick at the beginning of the second half, it was all Colts. Now the Colts are 11-0 and there’s talk about history and all that. It’s the talk of the town (more like those interested in football) and it shows, with the media all over it. Thank goodness for my subscription to SI so I can get additional insight. (This reminds me that I have to renew my subscription).

Oh yeah, of course, before the game, I went to class, had lunch at Old Botany, then class in the afternoon. Usually on Monday’s, I would go back home after class, but this being MNF night, and having no signal whatsoever at my place, I choose to stalk out Owen, passing time by doing my homework.

So after class, I did go home, did some chores, brought the “incentive” to Kevin and have him “process” it, then drove him to Totally Takeout. I already ate when I was home. After I dropped him off, I parked at the Wharton Center parking structure and actually walked through the building to exit and then head to Owen. While inside Wharton Center, I saw various full size posters advertising numerous musicals that are scheduled to appear. Shows like “The Lion King”, “Annie” and the like. Crystal said she and Anita would like to go to “The Lion King”, but I haven’t made up my mind on that. We’ll see.

So at Owen, I did homework. I was so engrossed (more like totally fed-up with the BS) that I didn’t notice the gang enter. Of course it was Tammy that announced their presence with, “Oh, this guy looks familiar, who could it be?” I guess they are a bit surprised to see me there. While they are getting settled, Luis, a classmate of mine (also Arthur’s suitemate) was also eating in the Owen cafeteria. We invited him over and chatted while they ate and I wrote. Tammy admonished me for doing my homework while they were eating, so I stopped. Boy is she pushy.

After that, they all left, leaving me to my own devices. I was about burned-out around 20:30, so I went downstairs to play some free arcade. Around nine, I went upstairs back to the cafeteria and got the TV all to myself. I had to call Kevin though to get the channel number for ABC (remember, it is #21). One of the upper year econ students, Kamyar was also there. He’s a sports fan as well.

So, I watched the game. Eric showed up. He was there to get dinner. Tammy showed up with her cute notebook and joined us at the table. She was more intent on making “buttons” than watching the game with us. Not to mention, she kept on pestering me with questions that were like, oh well. The answer is “It’s OKAY! REALLY!”

Close to 23:00, the café closed, so we headed downstairs. The TV room was occupied with a dude watching Futurama. We played some more of the arcade to pass the time until it was 23:00, or until the guy left so we could watch the game. In the end, we got to watch the game until it ended. It was a bit anticlimactic toward the end, when the lead was 16 plus points (the final score was 26-7). But a win is a win, and it was a good win for Manning and the Colts. I hope the Super Bowl match-up this year will be the Colts against the Panthers (they’re my team, if I never mentioned it previously), that would be so cool. As for who will win, or who I want to win, that’s another story.

So, I’ve finished the past two days, so on my next journal entry, I’ll cover Thanksgiving. Come to think of it, I shouldn’t state it so blatantly, so it’s more like “if it’s there, it’s there; if not, then it won’t be there, more like never”.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't admonish you, ok....:)
還有Lion King好像要很早訂票
我們住宿的都有拿到宣傳單
害我那時候很想衝動的買票
只是我看到是星期二晚上
sigh...我得去上課
聽說那天還是2/14...
WELL...

11:57 PM  
Blogger paul said...

hmm, about the king, I'm not so sure... I bet it costs quite a lot, and then, there's...

12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's what?
很有嗆人的味道...

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home