Core Prime

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Oily Turkey

Today was a bit colder than usual. At least, that’s how I felt when I woke up. The three layers of blankets I have (one normal blanket, one sleeping bag and one knit blanket) just isn’t cutting it. It’s more like the middle layer (sleeping bag) is so slippery that it’s next to impossible to keep all the covers in place. Or that I really should turn up the heat.

I got a call from Randy in the morning about the study session. I told him that we won’t be meeting today; and since it was still quite early, like around 09:30, I went back to bed. When I woke up, I checked my email and chatted with dad and mom using Skype. It’s nice to talk for free, but the old microphone/headphone combo accessory is hurting my head. Guess it’s time to get a new one.

Today’s double serving of macroeconomics was, well, bad. During the first class, we went over one, just one freaking homework question. And the thing was that the professor asked a fellow classmate to come up to the board to do it. It basically took the whole class period. I feel sorry for the guy, it wasn’t his fault that he made some mistakes, but the way Minetti was breathing down his necking, berating him on him mistakes, man, that was lame. If I was the guy, I would get back the evaluations we did in class just before and write up some stuff.

The second class went a bit better, marginally, at the most. We went over that same question again, and did some comparative statics of it using the steady state equilibrium. Then the professor fielded questions from the class on various related topics. And that took another class period. Randy and Nick didn’t show up for the second one, and I wouldn’t blame them; I guess they were just fed up with the BS.

After class, I was lucky and caught the 16:00 bus. Once I got home, I cleaned up the place a little, cooked myself dinner, which was a small disaster. It’s not that I blew up the kitchen or anything, far from it. But the ingredients were a bit “off”.

I say “off” as in the stuff wasn’t what I expected. Since yesterday I had spaghetti, I decided that for today I’d go with the turkey leftovers. I cooked up the remnants of the turkey in a pot (note: need to get bigger pot) back during Thanksgiving weekend, thinking that the meat would be good for some meals and stuff. WRONG! Turkey leftovers are oily, oily as in once you have it in your mouth, it’s like eating pure blubber, then it “slides” down your throat and into your stomach, and it feels like you just swallowed a jar of Vaseline (don’t ask, I never did and will not try it). I guess it’s a lost cause, so unless someone comes up with cool turkey leftover recipes, I’m not touching the thing.

Lessons learnt, though: when having turkey leftovers, maintain the state they were in, as in leave it as is. If were to cook it all together, be sure to remove the skin first, and hope for the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home