Core Prime

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Persistence is Key

But that I am lacking. I don’t know how she does it, but she does it. I have yet to see her miss a day (since she’s been here). Unfortunately, the same can’t be said for my blog; I’ve been missing quite a few days, nearly a week.

And darn, I can’t use finals week as a reason, because even though we’re in the same boat, she still gets it done. I could say that the stuff we have to do, the disciplines we’re studying are quite different and as a result, the work that entails is significantly dissimilar, but I wonder how much weight this excuse may have.

Anyhow, I’ve missed quite a few days/entries, and I have to make them up, some how.

As for today, I’ve been putting the finishing touches to my microeconomic take-home final. I’ve decided to rewrite the whole thing, since the first draft was a bit of a mess. Once it’s complete, I’ll hand it in tomorrow, which is the day it’s due (12/14/05, 15:00) and then proceed with preparing for macroeconomics and econometrics.

I have econometrics on Thursday (12/15) from 12:45 – 14:45; as for macroeconomics, it’s on the last day of final’s week, Friday (12/16) from 10:00 – 12:00. Our study group decided to meet today around 15:30 at Espresso Royale again to go over some macroeconomics.

So this week it’s basically studying and studying. Mom used to say that I should do my best, but now she says that “the amount I put it, is the amount that I’ll get out”, or something like the Principle of Equivalence. She got that from watching Full Metal Alchemist. I watched a few episodes of that anime series with Kevin, but even though the principle was mentioned quite a few times, it wasn’t until Mom told me that I really “got” it.

So here I am, today, trying to live up to that standard. But there are times when my weakness sneaks in, making me hope that I could wake up one day, preferably this morning, and have everything done, as in all the finals were finished. But that’s just wishful thinking, and since I don’t have the power to alter time/space, I’ll just have to suck it up and do the work.

P.S. If you don't know who the "she" is, it's Tammy, my blog idol...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

可以這樣說
因為你是博士生
我只是碩士生
所以我的時間比較多:)
也許你的時間都分給電動了
哈哈 期末加油!!
我已經在放假了
只剩一個Design on dealine 和網頁
嘻嘻!!

7:54 PM  
Blogger paul said...

I wish I could have "spent" my spare time on video games, at least then, I'd be getting some utility from that recreational effort...

yeah, I remember back in masters, I definitely had more time...

so I guess it's all fair and stuff...

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home