Core Prime

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Snowy and Chilly, Not Too Cold, Though

Like most mornings since fall/winter settled in, I woke up in my chilly bedroom. I’ve been hoping that by not turning the thermostat too high, I can save some money on heating costs. Or I could winter-proof the entire house or get a new, more efficient furnace, which in itself, may cost another fortune.

When I looked out the window, it was snowing, quite a lot actually. I wonder what kind of effect there would be on the plans of all the people trying to get home to celebrate Thanksgiving, especially those traveling by air.

As for our family, partitioned and stationed here, Kevin and I will celebrate Thanksgiving with turkey, gravy, mash potatoes, and the like. I picked Kevin up this afternoon, but not before I went to Best Buy to browse some electronics and to pick up rock salt at Home Depot. It was snowing quite a lot during that time. It seemed like a “white-out”; although not as severe, more like a “grey-out”.

I had a little slip up where my car lost a bit of traction during a stop at an intersection (it was a four-way stop). Luckily, the car didn’t skid too far out, plus, there weren’t any other vehicles at the intersection, so all was good. But it did serve as a reminder that with snow and stuff, I have to drive extra careful. Like braking early and softly prior to a stop, and maintaining a greater distance to the vehicle in front of mine. Not to mention, be more stringent with the speed limit.

After I picked up Kevin and arrived home, Kevin worked on the faulty light outside the garage, while I shoveled the sidewalk and some part of the driveway and sprinkled rock salt. It was quite a chore going in and out of the house, taking off and putting on my shoes, to get the tools Kevin needed. But it’s nice that he’s an expert when it comes to electrical work, and he fixed the light a-okay.

After that, we chatted a bit and played some Halo 2 online. There were of course some tools who couldn’t help but swear and put everybody down, thus ruining the experience. We left some “nice’ feedback for them. Kevin got a cool beat-down against a sword dude. I mean, how cool is that!? And we had quite some fun “teaming-up” in Rumble Training, as in me driving the Warthog, and him shooting everybody else.

After that, we had baked chicken drumsticks for dinner, with canned veggies, cheese and dinner rolls. I guess Kevin was a bit hungrier than I was; he finished his allotment of four dinner rolls. Me, I only had two; I guess the bowl of cereal before hand in the afternoon did have some effect on my tummy level.

After dinner, we cleaned up and decided on watching a DVD. His choice of the evening was either “A Time to Kill” or “The Mummy Returns”. I choose Mummy out of the two. It’s more action packed, with quite a few smart comedic moments. Plus, the romance in it ain’t that bad.

As for later, we did some household chores prior to bed. It’s nice that I can sleep in late tomorrow, but not the day after, though. It’s “Black Friday”, when stuff is dirt cheap, if you can grab it by waiting outside during the wee hours of morning. I have my eyes set on a 12-cup coffee maker selling for less than five buckos at Wal-Mart. There’s a cheap 1GB MP3 player at Best Buy, selling for only seventy something. I guess me and Kevin will have to schedule a bit on who wait where and when.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home