Core Prime

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Surviving SPEAK

I woke up early this morning, not only out of habit, but because I needed to find something important. I went through my backpack, checking through all the binders/folders and notebooks, looking through every nook and cranny, trying to find my exam ticket. After hours of searching, I gave up and called ELC about it; they said it wasn’t important at all. All I had to provide was proof of identification. Neat!

Turns out she was exactly right; at the check-in, they didn’t even ask/look for it.

As for the test itself, it was quite a novel experience. Hopefully the mic picked up everything that needed to be recorded, and nothing else. Our department had quite a showing there and it was nice to see some familiar faces before an exam. I wonder if come prelim time, the situation would be the same.

The test lasted about 20 minutes, much shorter than I anticipated. After the test, I debated staying on campus or going back home. Heck, I even brought my lunch. In the end, the bus schedule (of 10:45) helped my decision, not to mention many of my classmates decided on going home. It’s good to be back, if just for a short while before going to class again. Not to mention coming home with the nice scent of fresh bacon and tea in the kitchen and seeing Jessica welcoming me. But it’s mostly her wanting fresh greens more than anything.

Upon sitting in front of the computer and typing this, it occurred to me that today was a special day. Not because of the weather, but because in one week’s time, next-gen gaming kicks off. Xbox 360 is coming. It’s not an announcement, not a viral marketing campaign, but it actually will be here. I didn’t pre-order, nor will I wait in line at midnight to get one. Although I may just drive around midnight to see what the frenzy is all about.

I’ll get my 360 when Halo 3 launches. I want to see and play MC, I want to see the continuation of the saga. Hopefully by then, with the subsequent launch of PS3, the 360 will be cheaper and/or there might be a bundle deal. Hey, Mr. Gates, you sure Halo 3 is going to be ready at PS3’s launch? Because that would be so “righteous”.

After class this afternoon, I’ll stay on campus and do some homework; at least, that’s the plan. Later on this afternoon, at 16:00 at 303 International Center, Jack Williams (MSU, Department of Geography) will be presenting “Democracy and Identity in Taiwan: Past, Present and Future.” This is the last of the series, and I hope I can at least catch this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home