Core Prime

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Slow Start

The microeconomics class I have this term is very early. By that I mean the class starts at 08:30, which requires me to take the 08:00 bus (the #24 bus runs every 35 minutes); factor in the time of my morning routine, I’m looking at waking up around 07:00 every Tuesdays and Thursdays. Not that getting up at that particular time poses any problem; it’s just that with only one hour between waking up and walking out the door, things seem to be a bit more pressured and rushed.

Usually when I have class around 09:10 or so, I still wake up around seven o’clock, just to get a head start on things. With more time, I can take a leisurely shower; have a nice hot breakfast, like scrambled eggs and bacon with toast plus coffee… the whole works. I can even boot up the computer, check out the weather, the news (even read into the articles a bit more), check my email and all that. With the shorter time span, I’m forced to pick up the pace. Again, not that it’s such a big issue, but I only like to be pressured when I want to.


I guess in short what I’m trying to say that it’s way early.

As for the class itself, it’s taught by Dr. Jay Pil Choi. He’s from Korea. One thing that I noticed most about him was that when I was browsing his website, he had an interesting article regarding toilet seat etiquette. I’ll leave the end result for you to read.

The material we went over today was basically introductory monopoly and game theory stuff. Nothing too fancy or hard, just the basics. His accent is okay, and there isn’t that much of an issue when it comes to understanding him, so I’m thinking I should follow along quite nicely. Whether that translates to comprehension and a high course grade remains to be seen.

As for the rest of the day, I cleaned up the place (which is in dire need of a complete cleanup) and later on in the afternoon, I met with Kevin and ran some chores. I drove him over to the district library to pick up some books, and on the way back to his dorm, he got takeout for me so I didn’t have to cook. The chili is quite tasty, and a bit addictive, too. Oh yeah, I also brought over some stuff that he missed when he moved back to the dorms; nothing major, just small stuff. He also “made available” assets that were previously spent but were promised to return.

All in all, not a bad day with it being sunny and getting things done. I’ll try to pick up the pace on my studying and reach high gear next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home